Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Lord Help Me Guard My Mouth

He who guards his mouth keeps his life, but he who opens wide his lips come to ruin.

Proverbs 13:3

It sounds simple enough. Be quiet. Don't say anything you don't need to. Watch what you say or at the very least how you say it. Why is it not as simple as it sounds? It's my mouth, my body, I should be able to control what I say, and how I say it...He who guards his mouth....How often have you wanted to hit yourself for allowing the opinions or rudeness of someone else to take you to the point of no return? You know that point where something inside of you said, let it go, ignore it , walk away before you say some you'll regret... But he who opens wide his lips... Have you ever walked away just to have the last word? Comes to ruin... How many relationships have you seen ruined because the parties involved weren't able to take control of the situation? One careless comment led to days of arguing. One senseless statement hurt the feelings of their love one. In that moment it's Gods wisdom we need. He is the only one able to catch us before we fall into the traps that kill relationships and others spirit. . We must remember to call on him and simply ask, "Lord help me to guard my mouth."

1 comment:

  1. Sis your Blog is so Beautiful Keep sharing the Love of christ, your sister in Christ Jesus Rashida

    ReplyDelete