Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Press On (2)

Matthew 4....It has been written, man shall not live and be upheld and sustained by bread alone, but by every word that comes forth from the mouth of God.



Day after day we can easily get caught up in one event after another. There always seems to be something that requires our undivided attention. For many of us, once our feet touch the floor in the morning, our daily activities are non- stop. Due to our day to day hustle the quality time we'd like to spend with God is sometimes put off for an hour that never seems to arrive.

For a while I could get up without an alarm clock and spend my first hours of the day with him. As I took on more hours at work getting up independently became an option of the past.

I began setting my alarm clock and then found myself laying there to pray of course, yet, I'd fall back asleep. I continued to adjust my schedule because when I miss a day of meeting God in his word I found myself getting irritated and agitated with my surroundings. I've learned that no matter what's going on in my life he must be my first priority.


John 6:35
Jesus replied I am the Bread of Life. He who comes to me will never be hungry, and he who believes in and cleaves to and trust in and relies on Me will never thirst anymore.


Psalm 130:5
I wait for the LORD, my soul waits, and in his word I put my hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment