Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Tune-Up

Let's face it, life is hard, and the older I get the more challenging I find it to be.
Lately I've found myself sitting and pondering over the choices I've made, which, at times leave me feeling empty, sad, and questioning my present choices.

When I think of my many hopes and dreams that just didn't turn out as I thought they would it leaves me questioning how I could have been so far off.

Yet, when I think of where God has brought me from and I'm truly amazed.


Though I did not grow up in a Christian home I realize there were a lot of things my parents told me I should have listen to. The bible says to train a child in the way he/she should go... My mom use too say,
'A hard head makes a soft behind.' I believe, 'A hard head makes a weak mind.'

Weak when we know the truth but refuse to listen and or obey it. Weak when we choose to be follower of every fad or fashionable earthly thing with the goal of being seen and/or envied by others. Weak when we believe alcohol,drugs or even food will wash our cares away, and weak when we know we're doing the wrong thing and proceed anyway.

It's taken me a long time to realize what my priorities are. When the goal is about pleasing the father instead of  giving into the worlds weaknesses, I know that being that stronger and better individual can only flourish when I've take the time to sit,listen, and be in his presence.

When I take the time to fill my spirit with His words instead of the distracting words of the world I'm reminded that my past is something I can't change yet, it's because of that past I can truly thankful for where He's brought me from. Because of him my today and even my tomorrow can be so much brighter.

Isn't it good to know we have a father who cares and knows us?
What or who would we be without that revelation?


Psalm 9:10-11 (King James Version)

10And they that know thy name will put their trust in thee: for thou, LORD, hast not forsaken them that seek thee.

11Sing praises to the LORD, which dwelleth in Zion: declare among the people his doings.

No comments:

Post a Comment