Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 3, 2010

No More Fear

2 Surely God is my salvation; I will trust and not be afraid. The LORD, the  LORD, is my strength and my song; he has become my salvation."
 3 With joy you will draw water from the wells of salvation.
Isaiah 12:2-3


If you're worrying your not trusting, and if your trusting, I guess there's nothing to worry about.
 I wonder how many of us can honestly say we've mastered this concept?  How often do we refuse to allow the problems in our lives to take residence and look to the the problem solver?  When troubles arises do we honestly take into account we have the Father, son and holy spirit living within us or, as soon as something troubling shows it ugly face do we allow fear and worry a place in our soul?  I can honestly say I've been a victim to that.  I find that inkling of fear that always wants to visit in times of trouble to be a constant reminder of the busyness of the devil but most importantly the goodness of God. The devil is good at his job.  He strives on trying to make us worry and fear.  How many times have you been in a situation and thought there was no way out? How many times have you tried to change a situation and felt defeated because with all your best efforts before you you weren't able to solve or even change the problem?   If your anything like me I'm sure your answer would be quite often.  It's not purposely but, the one thing I've learned about myself is as soon as trouble arises that inkling of worry or what some call dis pare began to sets in the pit of my stomach.

Thanks be to God it doesn't rest there for long anymore.  He's opened my eyes to all the wonderful thing he's already done in my life and how miraculous he's captured every fear and changed situations I'd thought were impossible to change.  In those time when I couldn't see a way out He provided one.  When I had no idea of where to turn He directed me.  When I was down to my last He reversed the situation and when I thought things were hopeless he gave me the strength and view of hopeful .

Many, O LORD my God, 
are the wonders you have done
The things you planned for us no one can recount to you; 

were I to speak and tell of them, 
they would be too many to declare. psalm 40:5



 How awesome is our father. He has the ability to take us to heights unimaginable and levels unreachable but, what I truly find amazing is the gift of knowing he's not finished yet.    Our worries and troubles are like a walk in the sand for him. Our problems and fears are most challenging for us and the least challenging for God.  The greatest problem is not the obstacle we see as a fearful or troubling situation for God as it is our willingness to let the obstacle appear to be bigger than or too challenging  for God.


Proverbs 3:5-6
5 Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own
understanding;
 6 in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight. 


1 comment:

  1. Hi, thank you for stopping by joyformourning.com. Hope you come back again. Be bless!

    ReplyDelete