Search This Blog

Saturday, February 12, 2011

Take Wings & Fly 1

So this is the mode He has me in.  It's funny the things God uses in us to get out of us what he wants.  Sharmond is constantly on my mind.  I miss her more and more as the days progress.  When things are happening in my life or a simple thought enters my mind I want to pick up the phone and call her if only to hear her voice and seek her opinion.  God I miss her...

I believe the journey He has me on is a continuation of my Take Wings & Fly post.  I talked about missing loved ones and the lasting impression they left on our hearts because of the Godly qualities they possessed.
 I think its time to examine those qualities and to see where I'm lacking and how they could be applied to my life to glorify Him.

If I could use one word to describe her I'd have to say she was a giver.  It's my opinion  a person who has mastered the gift of giving for the Lord is unstoppable.  Often times in the church when the pastor or someone speaks of giving the first thing most people think of  is money but, a person whose a giver's wealth is far more than a dollar can describe.

Psalm 1:2-3
But his delight and desire are in the law of the Lord, and on His law (the precepts, the instructions, the teachings of God) he habitually mediates (ponders and studies) by day and by night. 
3) And he shall be like a tree firmly planted (and tender) by the streams of water, ready to bring forth its fruit in its season; its leaves shall not wither; and everything he does shall prosper [ and come to maturity].

A true giver is one who takes the time.  One who walks out there Divine purpose and follows the path God has led them on.  One who's not looking to please self but looking to give of self and be that servant unto the Father. 
Thought:
Are we there yet?

God Bless...

.

No comments:

Post a Comment