Search This Blog

Friday, July 4, 2014

Take Wings & Fly (4)

This life I live is not my own it was planned and established before the foundations of the earth. 
I am not here by chance, or of mans choice, but because of God's great love for me.  I like all of you were fashioned and formed to accomplish His greater purpose, and to be a light in the dark spaces of this world.  Yet, before we can effectively witness to others about the goodness of our Lord and Savior, our actions must be in line and in tune with our Father's. Which leads me to ask, how many of us take inventory of how we present ourselves to others?  Do you know how others perceive you?

 Think about it, we expect our love ones, friends, and even acquaintances to know something about our character, feelings, likes and dislikes.  At times we may encounter someone who doesn't know we're a Christian and we jovially tell them, but is our character lining up with the image we want to represent.  Have you ever ask some one to describe you, and the description you received wasn't what you were expecting?   I have and believe me the way some people described me left me puzzled, and a bit disheartened, but it also open my eyes to the areas in my personality that needed work. 

I'm not a soft spoken woman and believe in voicing my opinion. It has never been my intent to hurt a persons feelings, but I was told I could be a bit harsh in my delivery.  Once digesting this information  I could see where my determination to get a point across could be perceived as overbearing.  As a child of the King I believe we must always be willing to self-examine our actions as well as our attitudes. Our goal should always be to act and respond in a manner that glorifies Him.  We must be willing to acknowledge our faults and also apologize to anyone we may have offended.   A daily dose of His word along with prayer and meditation is required to keep us on the right track.  We don't want to live as the world lives because our goal to live our lives in a manner that glorifies Christ.


Eph 5:1-7, Phil 2:14-15 & 4:4-9, Gal 5:22-23

No comments:

Post a Comment